|Posted Date||Tuesday August 9, 2022|
|Closing Date||Tuesday August 23, 2022|
The Archdiocese of Winnipeg is seeking an Accounting and Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for a wide range of basic accounting functions including responsibilities related to receptionist and administrative support. This position is part of the Finance Team, which supports several departments and ministries, as well as administrative support to the Chancellor and the Chancery.
This position will include the following roles and responsibilities:
Accounting & Finance Duties
- Processing of accounts receivable & payable invoices, and reconciliation of accounts (ex. Clergy group insurance premiums, Study Days, Retreat, Chrism, Appeal, Assessment, Catholic Schools, Pastoral services)
- Use of SAGE 300 accounting software for various accounting tasks of multiple diocesan corporations .
- Reconciliation of AR/AP accounts to subledgers.
- Prepare bank deposits, tax receipts and mail to donors, maintain monthly spreadsheet of receipts.
- Maintain monthly spreadsheet for all appeals reconciliation and assessment revenue.
- Maintain insurance property spreadsheet to determine insurance premiums, prepare invoice with a merge document.
- Maintain annual tracking spreadsheet of Finance and Charity reports.
- Additional rudimentary accounting tasks as required.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Duties
- Greet persons entering the Catholic Centre and notify staff members of their guests
- Deal with general inquiries from the public in a patient and courteous manner
- Answer the main telephone line, screen, and direct calls to appropriate Pastoral Centre staff members.
- Responsible for all subscriptions, renewals, and office supplies for the Catholic Centre.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Coordinate meetings and organizing catering.
- Sending out and receiving mail parcels of staff
- Additional rudimentary receptionist/administrative duties as needed within scope of position
Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge and/or abilities):
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance considered an asset
- Experience with SAGE 300 preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of religious norms, principals, and practices.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to self-prioritize workload; punctual and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Communication in French considered an asset
- Solid computer, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills, as well as ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Intermediate level skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to work a switchboard.
This is a full-time position with benefits. If you are interested, please forward your resume and the names of three references to:
Archdiocese of Winnipeg
Attention: Human Resources Manager
1495 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 4C6