YouthLeader is a Catholic training experience for high schoolers that emphasizes personal development, leadership formation, and is centred on the spirituality of a leader.
It is designed so that youth will discover and affirm their own unique talents and gifts, and to help them set a clear direction for their lives and be inspired to become Spirit-filled and influential leaders in their communities.
YouthLeader gives our parishes, schools, and non-parish based organizations the opportunity to empower our young people to make a difference for good!
Who can participate in YouthLeader?
YouthLeader is designed for Youth Ministry teams (adults and youth together) in parishes, schools, and other community organizations. Adults need to be 21 years of age or older; ideal youth participants are at least 14 years of age.
When will it be held?
YouthLeader will be held on August 27 to 30, 2018.
- Participants arrive on Monday, August 27, at 9:00 am. This is their opportunity to check in at the front desk and take a look at their assigned rooms.
- There will be an adult leaders' meeting at 9:30 am.
- The program begins at 10:00 am.
- The program ends on Thursday, August 30, at about 2:00 pm.
- We will have lunch on this day at 12:45 pm, followed by group pictures, and then everyone departs.
how can we register?
To fully register for YouthLeader 2018, participants must:
- Fill out the Online Registration Form.
- Print, fill out, and sign the YL Consent Form. Submit your completed copy as you check in at St. Benedict's on August 27.
- Pack accordingly (check out this YL Packing List prepared for you).
- Submit your deposit/fees.
The fee for each YL participant is $350.00 with a $100.00 deposit due two weeks after completing the online registration. Fees can also be paid in full at this time; alternatively, you can pay the balance of your fees as you check-in at St. Benedict's on August 27.
Cash or cheque payments are accepted. Cash payments must be dropped off in person at the Catholic Centre (address below). Make cheques payable to the ARCHDIOCESE OF WINNIPEG. Cheques can be mailed or dropped off in person at the address below:
Re: YouthLeader 2018 Fees
1495 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2C6
Please place your payments in a clearly-labeled package, indicating the participant's name. The Catholic Centre's office hours are: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
YouthLeader is sponsored by the Archdiocese of Winnipeg, through the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to connect with us via phone at (204) 452 - 2227 ext. 248 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access the YL 2018 promotional materials by clicking here.