It is recommended that, faithful to the teaching magisterium of the Church, the following proposals be considered, namely that in the Archdiocese of Winnipeg:
1. Clergy recognize and assume a vital role in forming and equipping the people they serve. In order to fulfil this responsibility, they will be provided with appropriate ongoing education and formation.
2. We focus on the formation of laity for the life of the church and the world.
3. We affirm in an appropriate manner, the work and contribution of all the Church’s ministers: ordained, religious, and lay.
4. We form a vocations and discernment committee composed of the baptised to assist in the awareness of our baptismal vocation.
5. We seek to provide reliable options for spiritual direction and to provide training for spiritual directors.
6. We establish a resource centre for marriage & family life.
7. Our parishes seek to respond in love to the various forms of family life present in our communities.
8. We support the vocation of marriage and the family as a domestic church.
9. We form a vision and strategy for the education of adults.
10. We propose a variety of approved resources of faith formation for use in families, homes, parishes, and schools.
11. We commit to supporting Catholic schools in formation, resources, and prayer.
12. We support and assist families and laity to live out their faith and communicate it to others, especially their children, and make their homes “domestic churches”. 29
13. Parish communities provide opportunities for discernment relating to social issues.
14. We, in our parishes and as a Church, encourage and promote human dignity for all, including taking a public stance.
15. We raise awareness of our responsibility to assist and advocate for the most vulnerable in our society.
16. We, as individuals and as a Church, promote and act on our duty to be good stewards of God’s creation.
17. Archdiocesan norms for Parish Pastoral Councils should be updated.
18. The role of Deanery Pastoral Councils should be clarified.
19. Archdiocesan Pastoral Services should be reviewed.
20. The Archdiocese should consider the viability of parish communities.
21. The Archdiocese should continue to explore and develop avenues of pastoral cooperation with the Archdiocese of St. Boniface.
22. The Archdiocese should examine options for centralizing pastoral service.
23. We develop a synodal approach to governance and pastoral ministry at and between all levels of the Archdiocesan church.
24. We nurture a right and respectful relationship between indigenous and nonindigenous people.
25. The cultural values of indigenous people be respected and welcomed and, through a process of inculturation, indigenous language, symbols and ritual be integrated into the proclamation of the Gospel and Church practice
26. We create an office of leadership for indigenous pastoral ministry.
27. We continue to develop fully welcoming parish communities.
28. We become a Church in continuous formation.
29. We seek to provide opportunities to listen to and understand the life stories of the people of the Archdiocese.
30. We seek to be fully a Church that goes forth in mercy.
31. We undertake appropriate initiatives intended for all people in parishes, deaneries, and other levels of the church, to proclaim the gospel message and invite all to follow Jesus as his disciples.
32. We prepare and publish updated guidelines for the preparation and celebration of the Sacraments.
33. We study the impact and benefits of restoring the Sacrament of confirmation to its original place and understanding within the whole process of Christian Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, First Eucharist).
34. We support the position that preparation for the Sacraments ofConfirmation, First Eucharist and First Reconciliation should take place within the context of parish community life.
35. We encourage all the baptised to acquire a familiarity with Sacred Scripture.
36. We prepare and publish an Archdiocesan Instruction (or Directory) to inform, guide, and encourage prayer and devotional life.
37. We encourage and facilitate opportunities for various retreats, spiritual conferences, and places for prayer.
38. We formulate a developmental formation program for young people.
39. Our parishes develop opportunities for youth and young adults to engage in the service of others.
40. We provide opportunities for youth involvement and leadership in the life of the Church.
41. We provide on-going formation for adults (clergy and laity) to equip them for engagement with youth and young adults.
42. We create a practical means of outreach to young people beyond our parishes.